Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Divergent Movie Trilogy

http://astore.amazon.com/jashykins-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=32
The Divergent books revolve around Tris and the society she lives in. They are great books and I recommend you read them ASAP. The first two are golden while the third one does provide answers and an end to the trilogy, but it doesn't hold up to the first two that well.

On March 21'st of this year we'll get to see Divergent on the big screen. I am very suspicious, as always, about how well the filmmakers will make the adaptation.

However, this blog post isn't about my uneasiness. This blog post is about the fact that it seems the other two books in the series are lined up for film adaptations too!

I admit it's confusing to me how the other two are greenlit when the first isn't even released yet. How do those in charge know if the other two will be financially successful?

Depending on how well the first one does will define how I think the other two will turn out.

Insurgent has a 2015 release date for now.

Of all the books, I got the most out of Insurgent. Divergent had opened me to the world then Insurgent came in to expand on it and had a killer cliffhanger ending. I don't know how I survived the wait for the final book.

Allegiant has a 2016 release date for now.

I am surprised that Allegiant isn't being broken up into two movies as that seems to be the rage nowadays. Maybe that will happen later?

I saw one person say Allegiant shouldn't be made into a movie since it has a very depressing ending.

Two things about that:

1.) I have seen (The Grey with Liam Neeson) and read (Cujo by Stephen King) endings that are far sadder than Allegiant's ending. Allegiant has a really sad and shocking ending, but it's not the saddest I have dealt with in the past.

2.) Having a sad and depressing ending doesn't mean you can't film it. If that were the case, some great movies wouldn't have been able to be filmed.

Allegiant's ending (without spoiling anything) showed that Veronica Roth treats Young Adults like adults. She basically said in the ending, "I know you can handle this."

The outcry from the readers might be from not expecting an ending like Roth gave them and had them confuse the sad ending for a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment