Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The Salvation)

Well, yep, played some more of the game and it was good. Among other things I had an encounter with Boba Fett and had the honor of having my ass kicked by him.

So let's get started!
First I'll start off with a glitch. When I used the Force Ability Mind Trick (which causes enemy troops to attack each other) too often my controllers would stop working and I'd have to reset them. Luckily this game's saving feature actually works so I never had to restart the entire level. Or it might be that if you try to use Mind Trick on the little Spider Droids that's what messes the controllers up.

Whichever one it is, I has found the glitch. Really annoying the first time since I thought it was just the one controller. Luckily I didn't destroy it.

A cool new enemy has come into play now!
From IGN
Terror Troopers are lovely to fight. They can become invisible which is a problem for others, but not for Starkiller. Simply use Force Sight and you'll see them even if they're invisible. The only problem is that you can get thrown out of Force Sight either by them attacking you or your Force Meter going empty.

It refills rather quickly and my method was to swing around wildly in hopes of hitting something or, at least, to take as little damage as possible while it was refilling.

There is a point or two where both Walkers and Terror Troopers attack you. I just focused on the Walkers and was able to take out the Terror Troopers in good time. I might've gotten knocked down a shit load of times, but I ended up passing the part of the level and that's all that matters.

There were some quick time events that I didn't mind as much as before. I think it was because they were tied into the game better and I was distracted with the plot so I didn't mind so much.

The interactions you have with Boba Fett are all quick time events. Except the running around parts. First encounter I got my ass handed to me but it didn't affect my level progression.

One puzzle that I encountered I thought it was going to be a simple 'drag all these things to the very top', but that wasn't the case. I was confused and then I turned on Force Sight. Luckily enough there weren't any lasers and so I could easily pull each thing down to where it was supposed to be (which is indicated).
From IGN
On the final part of the level you fight a Terror Walker. At your final little encounter with this bastard is a little puzzle of how to disable its shields and you just wail away at it when you can. I use Force Lightning, of course.

In this level you get Force Rage where you fill up your meter by attacking enemies and then pick some enemies to use Force Rage on. The animation for this power is one I enjoy but probably won't use this power that often.

The Salvation is a spaceship so you can glance out of the ship and look at space. There was a moment or two where I nearly stopped playing the game just so I could look out at space. I really want to travel through space even though it frightens me. Maybe it's the fact that it frightens me that I want to explore it. I probably will never know since space travel doesn't have a strong likelihood of becoming common in my lifetime.

So what happens in the plot?
The Salvation is under attack and you spend most of the level trying to get Juno. Since, you know, that's why you came to The Salvation in the first part. Unfortunately your efforts to get Juno and stop Boba Fett go nowhere.

After that fruitless quest you have to stop the Terror Walker. Which feels just like 'do someone else's job' thing. Of course you have at least one of those 'do someone else's job' things a few times throughout the level (that I didn't realize were that until after I finished playing today).

After you stop the Terror Walker it seems the fleet has arrived at Kamino.

Hopefully Juno is safe and I don't have to encounter anymore of those Spider Droids. They aren't bad enemies, they just really gang up on you a lot.
------------------------------
All of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

No comments:

Post a Comment