Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Divergent, Please Don't Suck

I like to go into movies with an open mind. But, of course, that's not always the case. Sometimes I have bias for a movie I'll be seeing.

For the upcoming Divergent movie I'm biased because I love the books. I want to see a good adaptation of the books on the big screen. I am well aware that doesn't usually happen, but Harry Potter and The Hunger Games have gotten some decent adaptations.

What makes me worried about the Divergent movie is the fact that events are being changed and characters are being dropped. Those things always make me a little nervous.

Yes, you can tell a great story without some characters, but it makes your job a little harder. And it seems those who do movie adaptations usually don't realize what is at the heart of what they're adapting for film. So it means they have even more of a chance to fuck things up when they change the order of events and drop characters.

Shailene Woodley is set to play Beatrice "Tris" Prior who is the heroine of the Divergent Trilogy.

Theo James is set to play Four/Tobias who is a fellow Divergent and love interest.

If you're wondering: Yes, Veronica Roth is an Animorphs fan.

Jai Courtney is set to play Eric and is also being considered for the role of Kyle Reese in this upcoming film:
The Divergent Trilogy
Good Film Adaptations

No comments:

Post a Comment