Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pretty Little Liars "Close Encounters" Review

http://astore.amazon.com/jashykins-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=40
I haven't talked about the show that much lately on this blog. I have not forgotten about it, far from it, but haven't been able to post about it for awhile. I like to get my reviews written the day after a show airs since I DVR nearly everything.

So what did I think about this week's episode?

I know the Aria cheating (?) on Jake with Ezra thing was supposed to be a big thing but I didn't really feel angry at Aria at all. It might be because a lot of time has seemed to passed when it hasn't. Hell, I had forgotten who Jake was until this episode.

So if I had remembered who Jake was before this episode...I don't know. On one hand I'd be mad at Aria for getting back together with Ezra before she told Jake that they were through but on the other hand Jake was going to go anyways. Ezria always looks like they're breaking apart and then they just come back together. In any relationship on this show I assume when someone is with another that they are exclusive (aka they don't see other people).

The Alison plot line is continuing nicely. She manages to get Emily alone, but then the meeting is ended when Spencer interrupts them. While Emily is mad about this Spencer brings out a good point: Alison is trying to split them apart. She made Emily seem special so that she could be manipulated.

Emily is mad about that but, really, Alison seems to be a jerk in all the flashbacks. Why the hell WOULDN'T she do that? I mean...why do the girls think Alison is some angel when she isn't?

Alison has been saying that she can't return to Rosewood because she's scared of someone. While I believed that to be A (aka Ezra), I am loving some of the theories where Spencer has a split personality disorder.

This would be why Toby and her father are trying to not expose the truth about what happened at Radley.

I know this probably isn't going to happen, but I so wish it would. It probably would happen on another network, though. But ABC Family is a light and fluffy channel.

Yes, Pretty Little Liars is light and fluffy even with how many dark turns it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment