Friday, January 17, 2014

American Horror Story "Protect the Coven" Review

We are closing in on the final few episodes of this season and things are drawing to a close.

The most amusing scene this episode was where Marie, Fiona, and the Axeman killed the group of Witch Hunters. I don't know if I was supposed to be spooked by that scene or not. All I know is I could imagine how much fun everyone on set was having that day. Especially Danny Huston (aka the Axeman). Jessica Lange (aka Fiona Goode) seemed to have the time of her life when she killed the head Witch Hunter.

If I felt what I was supposed to feel during that scene: kudos to everyone involved.

If I was supposed to feel something different: may need to work out those kind of kinks for later seasons.

The relationship between Zoe, Madiosn, and Kyle was one I was excited for. Finally a relationship involving more than one person would be shown on tv. But, of course, it devolved into a love triangle and this episode resolved it. Sort of...

Kyle choose Zoe and Madison got pissed. Kyle and Zoe later leave (thanks to Myrtle) and I hope to see them before the Season Finale.

I, among others, are sort of pissed that Evan Peters has been wasted this season. Brought in and then put into the background. At least he did something this episode.

Queenie is back from the dead with very little explanation how. I don't mind that she is back, but how?

All we got was that her shooting herself in the head made her spit up the blessed bullet. But how could that happen? Why did it happen?

It seems Queenie being back was done with "She's back and don't ask why! We don't know!"

Another odd thing is Spalding being able to move things around even though he's a ghost.

However, like always, the atmosphere of the show is able to make me enjoy it even with the plot holes.

The scene where Cordelia blinds herself to get back her special sight is downright vomit inducing. I am glad I was home alone while watching that part as I was yelling at the tv.

Besides the horror of the scene, it shows that Cordelia is ready to risk everything for the good of the Coven. She would make a damn fine Supreme. Even though it's unlikely, I hope she'll be the next Supreme or that Myrtle will be.

Zoe just seems too obvious of a choice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment