Friday, January 10, 2014

Elementary "All in the Family" Review

I stick with this show because of the relationship between Watson and Holmes. How they learn and grow from each other. And, especially, what weird thing of the week Sherlock will end up doing. The latter one this week seems to me, at least, to be Sherlock testing out bombs in the apartment.

Marcus Bell and Sherlock Holmes' relationship is the real emotional core to this episode. A few episodes back Holmes' actions got Bell shot. Though, in all fairness, it wasn't to the extent that Bell and others seem to think.

Bell ends up working with the man that is the 'big bad' of the episode. This gives many instances of Watson trying to control Sherlock and Sherlock not following the script. In a few instances Sherlock tells Bell to stop being a pussy and man up since there's a point of mourning and that Bell has more than passed that point.

This is one of the few times I've watched it with my fiance (revrezner) and so I was distracted by him a little bit near the beginning. However, I was able to focus on enough of the scene to understand the scene.

I really enjoy this show but there's not a lot to talk about for the majority of the episodes. This is because not a lot happens between the characters and I'm not a big mystery person. But I wouldn't suggest passing this episode since it does deal with the plot point of Marcus and Sherlock learning to deal with each other after Marcus got shot.
Want to watch the First Season? Go HERE =D

No comments:

Post a Comment