Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Woman in Black (2012)

Title: The Woman in Black

Director: James Watkins

Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Janet McTeer, and Ciarán Hinds

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 4.5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: A young lawyer travels to a remote village where he discovers the vengeful ghost of a scorned woman is terrorizing the locals.


Truly Scary
This is a truly scary film. If you want gore in your film this isn't for you. If you want to go back into your seat in fear, you'll love this. It does have jump scares but you also care for the characters. What happens at the end heavily depends on you caring for the main character and his son.

Daniel Radcliffe
If you're wondering if you'll have a hard time not thinking of Radcliffe as Harry Potter, you will. Even though I could see him in his new role, I still saw Harry Potter. But it was shown that Radcliffe isn't bound by one role and can act in other roles.

The Scream
When I first saw The Grudge (and in lesser extents in other viewings) the boy screaming was one of the scariest sounds I had ever heard. The Woman in Black has a scream that you have to prepare weeks in advance to not piss your pants upon hearing. Maybe when I watch it again she'll be a little less scary sounding, but I doubt it.

Final Thoughts
This was an enjoyable movie. By the end of the movie I was nearly pissing my pants (excuse me, getting up to pee every five seconds). I didn't think it was going to be that scary. It starts off like nothing too scary would happen, but the end surprised me in a good way. Oh, this ain't Harry Potter folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment