Monday, July 16, 2012

Courting of Lillith 5

I was dreaming of something pleasant. John Connor was there and we were making love. We had won the war against Skynet and nothing was wrong now. Marty was still human, I had never killed Jesse Flores, and Sarah Connor was still alive.

Cameron and Sarah Connor were together with none of the complications. None of Sarah hating Terminators.

But the only thing that mattered now was John's lips on mine. I closed my eyes and opened to see that Lillith was kissing me. What the fuck? I pushed her off quickly and tried to remember where I was.

"Sorry." Lillith said.

"It's okay." I replied as I started to recall where and who I was. "It's not that I don't like you, it's just that there's a lot of things coming up now."

"Like what?" She asked and a tear went down her cheek.

"There's a guy. Marty. Well, his real name is Martin Bedell. He killed John Connor but I...have feelings for him."

"What type of feelings?"

"I'd use love but there shouldn't be anything there. He killed a crazed John."

"But John Connor nonetheless."

"Yeah," I replied. "That."

"But that isn't all, is it?" Lillith asked.

I shook my head. "I'm having his twins. Well, making twins with some of his DNA. It's complicated."

"It always is with you." Lillith said and held my hands. "But the question now is: would you be cheating on him if I had sex with you now?"

I thought for a second. But it was hard to think with Lillith by me. Did Marty matter now? No, I wasn't his woman and he wasn't my man. I was with no one. I was alone and could go into any port I wished.

But with Lillith?

As I started with a kiss I had it confirmed that I loved her. As I took off her clothes I realized that some loves could span timelines. And as I made love with her, I knew I couldn't erase her with any amount of lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment