Tuesday, July 31, 2012

S&N: Forever Vigilant 4

The massage was being interrupted by Samara needing to go to the restroom. Most likely to pee. That is one thing I was glad that I didn't need to do anymore. One thing that made being an M-4 a good thing. I didn't have to pee anymore.


But, with her leaving, I was now alone. Well, me and one of the guys. And this guy was talkative.


"Your first time?" The man asked. "You seemed sort of tense."


"Yeah, first time." I replied. I didn't mention that it'd probably be my last.


"Your friend seemed much calmer."


"Yeah." I replied. Sam was relaxing, maybe I should find one of my programs that would allow me to do the same thing. "Plus we've had a rough couple of weeks."


"Want to know something?" He asked.


"Your name."


He smirked and replied, "Rob Saymes."


"So, Rob, what did you want to tell me?"


"There's a secret organization called Karma. They fight The Net who is creating robots." Rob paused for a moment. "Can you believe it? Real killer robots!"


"No, I can't believe it." I said, my mood slightly improving. Then I grew worried. How did he know about Karma?


"I'm actually friends with one of the members." Rob continued. "So I know this organization is legit."


"Have you told anyone besides me?" I asked, letting my towel go down a little.


"Uh, it's a good pick up line." He replied and his face grew disappointed as I pulled the towel back up.


This wasn't good. A good pick up line was his excuse? Didn't he realize that The Net could have his head and the head of someone useful? In other words, he could be the reason a member of Karma was, or would be, killed.


I walked over to him and whispered into his ear, "It is a good pick up line." I then went back a foot or two. "Any other lines to this pick up?"


Rob looked at me, not believing what he was seeing. Maybe he thought I was hot or maybe he was just lonely. I was going with the latter. He worked at a spa, he would've seen hot women before.


"Well, I do have a virus to put in future Machines." Rob replied.


I brushed my hand against his wrist to check his pulse. Rob, in turn, seemed to think I was going to ditch Samara for him. I didn't care what he thought. What mattered to me now was that I had confirmed his 'pick up line'.
----------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment