Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Title: The Dark Knight Rises

Series: Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Director: Christopher Nolan

Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Gary Oldman

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 5/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman
I never doubted Hathaway as Catwoman and I was proven correct. She was great in the trailers and she somehow got even better in the movie. Hathaway transitioned perfectly from sexy woman to bad ass. Like in the comics, there is some romance between Catwoman and Batman/Bruce Wayne.

The Inception Reunion
There are enough cast members from Inception it's almost like a reunion. It was the most unintentionally funny thing about the movie. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't take away from the movie but it's something extra on the side. There are, of course, others not from Inception. Finally, some Inception cast members weren't chosen because they were in that movie.

The Length
This movie needs to be longer. At two hours and forty-five minutes that is saying something. This isn't to say that the movie leaves gaping plot holes, but it's like a good book that you wish would never end. To prepare for the impressive length of this movie I made sure I wouldn't have to get up and pee in the middle of the movie. Trust me, you don't want to miss a second of this.

Final Thoughts
I kept this review spoiler free as I could. As I know there is a big demand for spoiler free reviews of this movie. I mean because I don't like spoiling things? I can't wait to get this on blu-ray and/or see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment