Friday, July 6, 2012

Dragon Champion (E.E.Knight)

Title: Dragon Champion

Series: The Age of Fire

Author: E.E.Knight

Released: 2005

Rating: 4.5/5

Basic Plot: AuRon goes through many adventures that take him around the world.

The Take on Dragon Mythology
The best part of this book is what it adds to dragons. These aren't merely awesome lizards flying around. There is a whole social structure and personality. Also, they kill and eat humans in this book. How it's shown makes it seem logical and I happened to always side with AuRon. If you are a fan of dragons you need to pick up this book.

Coming of Age Story
This, above all else, is a coming of age story. AuRon grows (both physically and mentally) throughout the book. He makes mistakes but, by the end, has grown up and made an island of dragons.

Sequels
This book has sequels that I will check out in the future. From what I've read the first two sequels will follow the other dragon children shown in the very start of this book. Personally, I can't wait to read from the POV of the one who felt as though he was betrayed.

Final Thoughts
I picked up this book, originally, because it was about dragons. Luckily it was a good read. It did take me a little bit to get through but that's mainly because of my vacation to California. I don't know when I'll be getting to the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment