Friday, July 6, 2012

The Crazies (2010)

Title: The Crazies

Remake: Yes

Director: Breck Eisner

Starring: Radha Mitchell, Timothy Olyphant, and Danielle Panabaker

Rated: R

Released: 2010

Personal Rating: 3.5/5

Oscars: None

Basic Plot: About the inhabitants of a small Iowa town suddenly plagued by insanity and then death after a mysterious toxin contaminates their water supply.


Is It Scary
There are a few tense moments here. revrezner warned me to hold onto my bowl of food for fear I'd throw it up in fear (which didn't happen during the movie). I will say this movie doesn't rely too much on jump scares (except for a few parts). All in all I will say it wasn't that scary. That's not to say I wasn't cracking jokes in order not to stay calm. My last compliment on its scare tactics is that it takes killing people seriously. So them not being zombies is important.

Sequel
revrezner and I discussed the chance of a sequel. It does leave itself open for a sequel. However, I say that the sequel would be the same movie. Except it'll be a different town. So while I would love to see a sequel, it probably wouldn't be worth it. But I would still see a sequel if it came out.

No Real Buildup
This movie is very quick to get into the action. I would've loved to see it build up suspense more. That's really the biggest complaint I have. I was hoping for a nice buildup and then shit goes down. True, there is suspense but not enough. Not nearly enough as there could've been.

Final Thoughts
I have not seen the original so I can't compare it. Though a majority of people seem to think this is better than the original. I did enjoy Timothy Olyphant (the hotness on the screen) was awesome. They did a good job of explaining while holding the mystery. The greatest thing about this movie was the adventure of getting it (though that's a story for another day).

No comments:

Post a Comment