Wednesday, July 25, 2012

S&N: Forever Vigilant 2

I continued to look at Glau and she took notice. Her eyes traveled to lock onto both Samara and myself. I wanted Glau to look at me so that maybe I could understand her. But that could be dangerous. Hell, our last conversation had led to Samara and me being ambushed. Finally her eyes looked at me.


I saw a smile form on her mouth. It was human and yet had a touch of M-4 to it. I smiled back at her. Samara made a tiny huffing sound and my sensors picked it up. I mentally shook my head and remembered that Samara and I were together. And, right now, I didn't want to lose her. If I did lose her I wasn't going to do it to Mark.


"Sam, are you jealous?" I asked and put a pre-Machine Nazilla smirk onto my face. I didn't feel like doing a smirk but knew it'd calm her down.


"Naz," She said angrily. But my sensors picked up her heart beat slowing down. "Her being here isn't a good thing. And, no, it isn't a jealousy thing. I'm worried that she's just doing this to get into Karma."


"There is a much easier way to do that." I said and patted her on the shoulder. Again, a gesture that I barely remembered or thought about. But one that would calm her down. And it did.


Samara gently kissed me on the lips and I returned the brief kiss. Turning around I could tell a slight sign of jealousy on Glau's face. Was I glad it was there? No. Was I unhappy it was there? No. It didn't matter to me. All I wanted out of Glau was answers. That's how I lay with Samara at night.


I walked calmly to Glau and the parameters of the Spa seemed to expand. I could still go back, but something was pulling me towards her. My sensors would tell me that gravity wasn't a factor but my remaining humanity would swear it was. And logic was the only thing that kept me going towards Glau.


It knew that nothing Glau said now would affect how much I still loved Samara Crichton. Samara was the one whose memory helped me override my programming. This woman didn't have that connection to me.


"Nice seeing you here, Glau." I said and put on a smile. I didn't feel like smiling but my programming had suggested it.


Glau blushed and nodded. "Yes, it's nice seeing you here, Nazilla." She looked down as if uncertain of what she was going to ask. "Can I ask you something?"


What could she ask me that would require me to do even a little bit of thinking? "Sure, go ahead." I replied.


"Why didn't you meet me for lunch?" Glau asked. She looked into my eyes and a tear went down her cheek.
-----------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment