Thursday, July 26, 2012

S&N: Forever Vigilant 3

I couldn't believe what Glau had just asked. I stood in silence as my systems tried to compute what I had just heard. Finally, when they had given up, I replied, "We were ambushed."


Glau looked confused. "What do you mean? What ambush? And someone else was with you?"


"My girlfriend," I said, putting an extra emphasis on girlfriend. "Thought it was going to be a trap. She was right."


With that, I turned around and walked back towards Samara. As I walked I heard Glau start to cry. I focused on Samara and realized any of Glau's mysteries would just lead to a tragedy. I had heaven right in front of me.


"What did she say?" Samara asked when I got back to her.


"She asked why I didn't come to lunch." I said and shook my head merely for Samara's benefit.


"She didn't know about the ambush?"


"She was confused."


"You have guessed why, haven't you?"


I just looked at Samara. "I'm trying not to think about it."


"That's hard for you, isn't it?" She said and I continued to look at her without blinking. It freaked her out and she sighed. "She wanted to kill you. You're here and she's confused. She wanted to talk to you to find out why."


"You're jumping to conclusions." I replied. "You're seeing what you want to see."


"What does your other side say?" Samara asked, not wanting to bring up that I was a Machine to any of the people walking by.


"That Glau has acted suspiciously and should not be trusted." I let the words roll off my tongue while I wanted to put them back in. I wanted to erase myself from ever saying them.


After I said that Samara smiled and we waited. Finally we were called back to get a massage. This was supposed to be relaxing. To a human it would be, but not to me. Even my fake muscles wouldn't be able to be relaxed by a massage.
------------------------
S&N Blog aka Karma HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment