Thursday, July 19, 2012

Man on a Ledge (2012)

Title: Man on a Ledge

Director: Asger Leth

Starring: Sam Worthington, Elizabeth Banks, and Jamie Bell

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2012

Personal Rating: 3/5

Oscars: N/A

Basic Plot: As a police psychologist works to talk down an ex-con who is threatening to jump from a Manhattan hotel rooftop, the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion...

Trailer

Eye Candy
There is a good amount of eye candy to be found here. Sam Worthington, as always, looks delicious. For those interested in women there is one woman whose purpose is to be eye candy. At one point she appears in bright pink bra and panties. Nothing as sexy for Worthington, though.

Stealing to Prove Innocence
This does make sense in context of the movie. Worthington's character is blamed for stealing a diamond that, I assume, the bad guy has hidden since the day of Worthington being blamed. If that's not the case then I would agree the plot wouldn't make sense.

On a Ledge
I have a fear or heights so I was a little creeped out. Of course this wasn't a horror movie but it's still an element that was used to good effect. I was worried about how much would take place on the ledge, but not all of it did. The climax does involve the ledge. The movie isn't as boring as the title would make it out to be.

Final Thoughts
I admit I saw this movie for Sam Worthington and I don't regret seeing it. Should you see it? If you're looking for a movie to relax to this is a good bet. I wasn't drunk while watching this movie and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment