Friday, August 26, 2016

Between Two Worlds 44

"I left him, if you remember." I said as if I were insulted. "Of course I wasn't going to tell anyone, why would I? If Alex had known I was alive he would come after me and the rest of Umbrella would be alerted. I have been running around undetected by them. You of all people should realize the importance of secrecy in this matter."

"And you wouldn't trust me?" Alice asked.

"Of course not. I was in love with the man who helped ruin your entire world. You're torturing him for fun and you expect me to come clean?"

"You still care for him, don't you? Sort of odd that you're making sure I don't go too far with him."

I held back showing her any signs of fear as I thought how best to protect the man that I loved. I couldn't tell her the entire truth or else I'd ruin any chance of escaping. But I also couldn't tell her so little of the truth that she distrusted me anyway. I had to choose my words carefully as Alex's life was in the balance. If I chose my words well enough I could even be the one to handle my husband's execution.

"I can't stop caring for him." I said and allowed a pained look to come over my face. "I can't help loving him even though I keep running away from the idea. I didn't want you or anyone else to think that I am like him."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment