Monday, August 1, 2016

Pokemon Go Adventures Day 5

I, like the majority of people out there, have fallen in love with Pokemon Go. It has gotten me out of the house and I'm a little more active because of it. As longer projects take longer and the deluge of my Game of Thrones/Resident Evil fanfic may be getting to some people, I'll be recording my Pokemon Go Adventures to spice up this blog a little bit.

These 'adventures' are when I go out for a long walk to Pokestops and other random places. 'Adventures' are not me opening Pokemon Go now and again to see if I can catch Pokemon in my house.

I'm unsure of how long I'll be doing this so if you are interested in more Pokemon Go Journal entries please tell me.
So today I sped up getting out of the house to avoid Dad. He started to talk and seemed like he was going to converse for a little bit. I had just spent time getting my phone completely charged and didn't want to waste a moment of the battery's life. So I was a little ruder than I like to be so that I could get out quickly.

Whenever I bring up Pokemon Go to Dad he tends to talk about if the phone bill is too expensive that he'll make me not play it anymore. He doesn't talk about finding some way to work around because my game doesn't concern him.

For an example: I paid for a little dinner date with my fiance. We're both not exactly rich so we'll take turns paying for things. So when I get back home Dad (who can see my credit card payments) sees it and complains and then talks about a big dinner he had with some friends.

I don't see me stopping playing Pokemon Go because of monetary reasons, but I will update you if anything happens on that front.

Since I only had around nine Pokeballs when starting I headed straight to the PokeStop. Along the way I managed to hatch another 2km egg. I got a Weedle. I'm happy to hatch another egg but I refused to Weedles today.

While at the Pokestop, I leveled up to Level 8. This meant I got more Pokeballs as well as other items. This also meant I could power up my Pokemon I am using to battle with. How powerful you can make your Pokemon is affected by your trainer level. I know it is suggested to wait until you're level 20 to use stardust but I want to get my Pokemon powerful enough to battle in gyms ASAP.
At the Pokestop I managed to catch a Bulbasaur. I don't know why but catching one made me feel very accomplished. I think I only used three Pokeballs in total and it only escaped one time.

I finally did my very first gym battle. I got my butt handed to me as Rin (my highest leveled Pokemon, a Pidgeot) wasn't powerful enough. I must make her even powerful and make people rue the day they were born because of her!

The only problem I had getting to the gym was finding the place to stand. It was at a church and I didn't want to go into the parking lot to get to it. I felt that would be rude and awkward.

Walking along I finally managed to hatch my 10km egg. It turned out to be a Hitmonlee and had a CP of 191. Very excited to have finally hatched it and maybe this one will become one of the Pokemon I battle with. I'm not sure but I know I'm not going to transfer it anytime soon.
When I get home I do all the transferring, powering up, and evolving for that day. I'll also do this when I take a break at the Pokestop. Today while I was doing this I felt a vibration and decided to check on what Pokemon had decided to show up.

Seeing it was a Meowth, I decided to try and catch it. I caught it and it put a lovely end to this day's adventure.

I'm sure you've already read about reactions to the updates. So I'll only talk about ones which ones affected me today.

Not having the footprints around didn't bother me as they were useless anyways. I don't get why people were upset as it was a broken feature and needed fixing. Who knows, it might come back in a more refined form. For now the footprints being or not being there doesn't make a difference.

Before you just scrolled down on a Pokemon's profile to transfer them. Now you have to push a button to the side to get that option. It's minor and I have no complaints with it.

Before there was a general warning as the app loaded. Now once it's loaded a random warning will appear. I got a lot of "don't trespass ones" for some reason...

I think this is due to all the stupid stuff people have been doing while playing Pokemon Go. Now the company that made Pokemon Go can cover their butts more if people try to sue them.

Don't recall any other changes that stood out to me.

Feel free to comment below with any questions or suggestions for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------
fiverr

Patreon

CafePress

Donate 

No comments:

Post a Comment