Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Between Two Worlds 39

"Aren't you afraid that your child wi-" Daenerys said.

"Of course I'm afraid." I replied. "I have already lost one child and I'm now pregnant with two. One in the nightmare and one here. One in a world where humans are slowly dying and one where I will be fighting in a war. There is no reality where it is easy for me to raise a child and no reality where I can back down from my duties."

"And if I order you to not fight?"

I smiled and leaned forward. I clasped my hands together in front of me. I didn't want to outright say I would disregard my queen's orders. There had to be a way of wording my response to get my intentions across without showing her disrespect. While there was a lot to admire in the young queen, there was also a vanity in her that could be dangerous.

It was a vanity that allowed enough doubt in her mind to exile Jorah. He was a man who would travel the wastelands of the nightmare alone if only to give her a chance at succeeding in her endeavors. He was an honorable man who had sunk to do dishonorable things. And if Daenerys really wanted to take the Iron Throne, she would have to run the risk of walking the same dark paths.

Dark paths that many would find unsuitable for a queen.

"I have been fighting since before I was a year old, Daenerys." I finally replied. "My whole life has been one fight after another. Running away from a fight has never been an option. Growing up in the North, showing weakness was the quickest way to death. Fleeing from the Battle for Meereen, no matter how justified, will feel like a stain that can never be forgiven."
 
-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jorah Mormont Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment