Thursday, August 18, 2016

Between Two Worlds 40

"You ever wonder why the whole world is a desert and any rainfall is brief?"

April remained silent as she put the equipment away and I thought I had scared her. Maybe she now thought she was dealing with a crazy person. Maybe that fear would be enough to make her go away. But hopefully after my son had been born. I needed someone that could help bring Alec into the world even if she wasn't as well trained as I would like. My current position didn't allow me to be picky. I had to accept the fate that the gods had demanded of me. At least for the moment.

"I don't know." April said after a moment of thought. "I don't know if there's a reason. I find it a cruel joke that even nature has seemed to have abandoned us."

"I think it is the gods testing us." I replied. "The world was destroyed due to human error and they won't give us any respite until we prove that we are worthy of their respect. As long as the nightmare continues to crumble they will continue not to help us out."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment