Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tobias and Me 1

Author's Note: This fic is a present for a friend of mine.
--------------
My name is Tobias and it had been a very stressful day. Extremely stressful.

I dodged a Dracon Beam and managed to slice the Hork-Bajir Controller's face with my own wrist blades. I had been a human boy and then had been trapped in a Red-Tailed Hawk body. With the help of a being called the Ellimist I had regained my morphing ability. One of the morphs I had acquired had been a Hork-Bajir.

I continued to battle through the group of Hork-Bajir Controllers and worried that I couldn't hold up. Even if I wasn't trying to hide the fact that I wasn't an Andalite I still couldn't demorph during battle. Not unless I was an extremely talented Estreen.

I pushed a Hork-Bajir into others of his kind and raced down another hallway. I didn't know where I was going and none of the others were with me. Having Ax now would be helpful as he would be the one most likely to know both where to go and what to do when I got there.

Looking out one of the windows on the Pool ship I saw space with no Earth in sight. I had been running around for a little bit and had seen no sign of anything but asteroids outside of the ship.

Dammit! Hopefully what I was seeing was the Asteroid Belt and getting back to Earth would be relatively easy.

As a Dracon Beam grazed my tail I started blaming this all on Rachel. If she hadn't reacted so badly I wouldn't need to impress her. And if I didn't need to impress her I'd be in a much different situation. A situation where I'd be doing normal hawk stuff like hunting rabbits.

I sliced a Hork-Bajir open and felt sightly guilty as I recalled what the Free Hork-Bajir had told me. That they were a peaceful race and all of the fighting they now did was because of the Yeerks.

Running into a room I found a bunch of Bug fighters. I would get out of here soon and the Escafil device would be safe on Earth again. It was hidden in one of my morphs. I had been meditating with it, something I was doing recently due to Rachel's fight with me, and had gotten involved with some Controllers.

Maybe it was because of my anger and need to impress Rachel that I did something so senseless.

Whatever the case was, I rushed into the nearest Bug fighter.

After a few painful seconds I managed to close the door to the Bug fighter and heard Controllers gathering around outside the fighter. The pressure of figuring out the controls of the ship made me want to give up. But if I gave up they'd get both the Escafil Device and knowledge about the Animorphs back on Earth.

I looked around and wished that I had asked Ax about Yeerk technology. If I had maybe this task wouldn't seem so impossible.

The first Dracon Beam hit the side of the fighter and I hissed out of the Hork-Bajir mouth. I needed to focus on what I was doing.

Guessing on what to do I was able to clumsily get the fighter out of the Pool ship and fly out.

"Yes!" I shouted out in excitement right before Bug fighters came out of the fighter bay.

"Shit." I hissed and tried to dodge the blasts as I figured out the Z-space controls.

I hit a few buttons and then the scenery changed.

Now I was in Z-space and didn't know if the co-ordinates I had entered would take me back to Earth or to somewhere many light years away.
-------------------------------------------------------------
All of Tobias and Me



No comments:

Post a Comment