Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Timothy Olyphant as Harry Dresden

I don't usually do fancasting. For those wondering what that is: it's when you say you want this actor/actress to play a character in a movie or a tv show.

I don't fancast because I don't really have a good enough grasp on actors and I don't really care who plays who. Besides, sometimes someone you don't think will make a good Joker becomes one of the best incarnations of the character you have ever seen.

However, I have fancasted one actor for one role. This is one I will never budge on.
It is Timothy Olyphant as Harry Dresden from The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Olyphant has the body and facial expressions I see Harry having. Plus he is able to be both sarcastic and a badass which is a must for the role.

I am really hoping The Dresden Files will get another chance at the screen (whether big or small) and Olyphant will play the lead role.



2 comments: