Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Following "Trust Me" Review

The Following is a great show because anyone could be working for the cult and anyone can die. I know Kevin Bacon can't die but worry constantly about Mike. This week it's revealed that Lily Gray is not a good person and this hit Ryan Hardy very hard.

I think I heard people expressing their views that Lily would be a bad guy (or killed off) and I'm sad that her story didn't take another turn. Though this does explain why she was the one to survive the massacre on the train. It even explains why she was so understanding of Ryan.

I really liked the phone call that was made once it was revealed that she was bad. Such lovely evilness came from her that I'm excited to see where she goes next.

Emma is getting involved with the people that are trying to get Joe's attention. I really am worried that she might not survive. Remember when I said anyone can die? Yep, she could get offed. In Season 1 there were many characters that a lot of people thought wouldn't die that season and then died a few episodes later.

Emma's reason for living in the first season seemed to be because of how she was connected to Joe, but Mandy seems to be fulfilling that role. When Mandy kills her mother I swear Joe got sexually excited (at least that same kind of hunger seemed to be in his eyes but it could be that he was extremely happy about how well Mandy was doing).

Mandy killing her mother was a disturbing scene to say the least. Earlier she basically told Joe that he was the first real parental figure she thought she had. However, she did go through a debate in her head before killing her mother. Mandy liked her mother but she felt a stronger connection to Joe.

The ending sequence of this show was great and I'm glad this is the episode that my Dad watched part of with me. The music was just perfect. If there's one thing this show gets right it's how it uses music to great effect.

The Following: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment