Thursday, February 6, 2014

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "T.R.A.C.K.S." Review

This episode had pacing that might've been odd for some viewers. What it did was a shit load of time jumping so you could follow what happened to every character this episode. I don't mind this form of storytelling but revrezner was bothered by it.

The time jumping and the fact that Skye is looking close to death by the end of the episode bothered him. I nearly laughed out loud when revs stated that people should stop dying and I satisfied myself with telling him, "We've [aka us Whedonites] been telling Whedon that for years!"

Simmons has a great moment where she tries to get into a persona for her undercover duty. In a season or two I hope she develops more so she's able to handle fieldwork and so the scene would be awkward in future seasons. Coulson isn't sure what to expect and so his reaction is just priceless.

May kicked ass this episode and my favorite moment of hers this week was right before commercial break when she kills a guy. Coulson and Ward are both highly confused and then I had to wait a few...okay, I dvred it so was able to fast forward through commercials. But my point still stands that this was an excellent placement of a scene.

Skye makes a very rash decision and ends nearly dead by the end of the episode. People have said that she was stupid for doing this but I find nothing out of character for her in this episode. She is used to running in, chaos happening, and then things being alright by the end. Fitz, who ends up letting her go in alone, had worked with her before so was probably thinking she'd be okay.

Ward blames someone for Skye getting hurt. He probably blames either Coulson or Fitz, but it wouldn't be odd if it was both.

Guess what happened this week: Stan Lee Cameo!

I'm dreading a love triangle in this show. Coulson and May were having a moment when Ward walks in and looks jealous. Earlier in the episode Ward finds out Coulson knows about Ward banging May which makes Ward not happy with May. I hope if a love triangle is done that it is done to good effect.

And if there's one person I trust with fiction it's Joss Whedon.

No comments:

Post a Comment