Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hershel's Death

The Season 4 Mid-Season Finale left me in tears and in need of my inhaler. It took awhile for me to calm down because of one character's death. Someone I had grown attached to and was originally supposed to be killed off in Season 2.

Yep, I'm talking about Hershel.

I figure that since the second half of Season 4 will start to air tonight that this would be a good time to talk about this death. Since it is relevant and I've had a little bit to learn not to cry upon the mention of this event.

I think the reason I get so emotional over Hershel was the same reason I got sad when Dale died.

Both characters were the heart of the group. They were the ones to go: Hey, maybe we shouldn't do this or else there will be no point in living.

Without Hershel, the second heart of the group and someone who acted as a doctor, the group will have a hard time surviving when they reunite. Not only will their medical needs have trouble getting taken care of, but the morality of the group might start to crumble fast.

Not only is the loss of Hershel going to be felt down the line, but the scene was so well done and induced a ton of tears.

Hershel seemed to have accepted death and didn't look weak when he knew he was going to die (bad ass material there!) and that might have been due to the strength he saw in Rick. No one really thought that The Governor was going to spare him and we were all just begging for The Governor to kill him already so we wouldn't cry so damn much.

No comments:

Post a Comment