Monday, February 3, 2014

The Eternal Heart: Angelic Savior 3

John Connor had been spending hours on how he ran the Resistance. I listened to every syllable that came out of his mouth and took in how lovely his voice sounded to my ears. It took all my control to fully concentrate on what was being said. It surprised me that it was only me he was talking to about this. Where was Kate and why did I suddenly care?

The room that we were now in was a sort of storage area for spare parts. The parts were categorized by what they could be used for so that repairs could get done faster. And when your enemy was Skynet, you sure as hell had to work as fast as you could.

I was sitting on the dirty floor and John was leaning against a wall while talking.

John was now talking about how he looked out for Greys.

"They are really the worst thing about this war." John said, his voice heavy with grief. "Humans should be united against an enemy that threatens us all, but some are siding with an enemy that will kill them when its goal of conquest is completed."

"They are probably just scared or maybe they've been tricked into helping Skynet." I replied as I remembered how Skynet had fooled me.

I didn't want to know the exact numbers of Resistance fighters that I had killed because I could hardly sleep at night already.

John shook his head and said, "What some of them have tried to do...they know exactly what they are doing. We checked before we executed them."

"Do you like having that responsibility?" I asked.

"No, that's why I have others vote on the matter. I don't mind killing Terminators, I've been doing that since I was young, but I don't like to end the life of a human. It's something only Skynet should be doing. We should all be loyal to each other."

"If you don't mind killing Terminators, why did you save me?"

"Before Judgment Day a Terminator came back in time to save me. Well, two did but they looked the same."

"What did you call them?"

John looked off into the distance and a small smile formed on his face. "I called them Uncle Bob and I watched them both die. Once because he had to make sure there was no chance that Skynet was going to be a possibility and the next time he appeared he died saving me."

I put a hand on his shoulder at the end of the story. The fact that John referred to the Uncle Bobs as 'he' surprised me. It showed that John did think of Terminators as humans. Even ones that had never been born.

"Anyways, that's enough for today." John replied and put his hand on mine.

I didn't know how to ask him what I wanted as I felt his hand on mine. I had been dreaming about him and didn't want him to know I thought of him that way nearly constnatly when I slept. While I was awake I could admire his leadership and morality, but when I dreamed my need for his touch overtook me.

John finally turned his head to look at me. "Is there something you want to ask me?"

I looked and noticed he had let go of my hand and I removed my hand from his shoulder.

"What do you plan to do after?" I asked.

"After the war?" John said and laughed. "I don't know if I'll make it that far."

"Nothing can kill you." I said and laughed at the thought of anything taking John down. "But I was referring to what you're going to do now that the lesson for today is over."

The seconds while I waited for his answer felt like eternity.

"If you need me to help you with anything else today I will." I said trying to make him answer.

"I don't need your help for the rest of today," John replied. "But you'll be on guard duty tonight and you should rest before you go."

"Who will I be on guard duty with?" I asked and wished that I was going on guard duty alone.

But the Resistance, the real Resistance, didn't like having only one person on guard duty at G and R Base.

"Barnes." John replied simply and I let out a sigh.

I had nothing bad to say about Barnes' allegiance to both John and the Resistance, but he didn't like Terminators at all. That meant that he hated me.

This would be a very long night.
---------------------------------------------------------------
 All of The Eternal Heart
The Eternal Heart tumblr
The Eternal Trilogy Blog
The Eternal Heart on a03



No comments:

Post a Comment