Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sayings Sundays (June 8, 2014)

The Normal Heart is a wonderful movie (based on the play by Larry Kramer) about a gay activist during the start of the AIDS outbreak. By wonderful I mean totally heartbreaking. It follows Ned's relationship with Felix as he tries to deal with the AIDS outbreak. This includes trying to bring attention to the seriousness of the disease as everyone in power turns a blind eye.

I would highly recommend you see this movie and I'd recommend the play if I had seen/read it. But that might be in the future if I can deal with all the heartbreak again.

I chose this quote as it's one of the things this movie is about: acceptance of the gay community since they are normal people and normal people love.


I was listening to "I Forgive You" by Kelly Clarkson and the line 'we were just a couple of kids' stuck out to me. I knew I would have to relate it to Animorphs but I didn't know how.

Then it occurred to me it could be a nice Jake/Cassie (aka Cake) song talking about their lives after the war.

After the war Jake and Cassie aren't together. They had both changed so much that they couldn't be together. I chose the lyrics to show that Cassie forgives Jake for all the fucked up things he did during the war and that she forgives herself for not being as moral as she should've been. But she finds that forgiving both of them doesn't make her feel any better.

Cassie also thinks there were some bad things they both did during the war because they were kids. They were thirteen when the war started, so of course they would make mistakes that even adults would have trouble avoiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment