Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Beginnings and Second Chances 5

We hadn’t made it to the bedroom. Well…unless you counted Marco’s feet making it across the doorway making it to the bedroom. I didn’t mind, though. The sex had been great and cuddling with my boyfriend afterwards was a big plus. While I didn’t find it a problem now, the hawk part of my mind hadn’t liked it at first. I had always been able to control it, but it had been worse in the beginning.

Hawks didn’t normally find being wrapped up in someone’s arms comforting. They found it suffocating and thinking that it would lead to a quick death.

But, at the moment, the hawk’s panic wasn’t reaching me. All that was reaching me was the warm, naked body of my lover. The body that I had made shiver and moan and it had done the same to me. I know that most media will tell you that sex is the goal, but cuddling up was the real goal for me.

My eyes almost closed again but then they opened back up. Maybe my control over the hawk part of me wasn’t as great as I had thought. It might keep me up for an hour or two, but I knew I would eventually fall asleep and wake up in the morning with Marco’s arms still around me.

The hawk part of me continued to keep me awake by looking around the hallway. It was also concerned that it was too close to the ground to escape any predators. Especially the human with its arms around it.

Finally it calmed down enough for me to close my eyes. My dreams started out simple with me flying over the mountains with Marco in Osprey morph. It then went to when I went to Rachel after I had finally decided to continue to fight after saving a human from some Hork-Bajir. It ended with me kissing Rachel for the first time after I was able to morph human again.

I dreamt I was in a coffin with black and red being the only two colors I could see. Then someone knocked on my coffin. Each knock becoming louder and more deafening. I woke up and started to try to fly away when I still heard that knocking sound.

“What?” Marco asked sleepily as my movements had woken him.

He happened to move just enough for me to fly to one of the many perches in my cabin. This one was right above the door to my room.

“What?” Marco asked and jumped up.

Now we were both looking towards the knocking sound. It seemed to be coming from my front door.

“Expecting someone?” He asked, not looking at me.

No, I replied. The only one, besides me, that will be up here this week is you. The cleaning lady won’t come until next week.

“Cleaning lady ever do any late night calls?”

If you’re asking if we’re intimate, no. She doesn’t want anything sexual from me. And I don’t feel like it’s worth my time to push the issue.

Marco nodded and started to head towards the front door and then stopped. He was scared like I was. There wasn’t enough room for him to do his gorilla morph and he must be confused which morph to choose as he was just standing there.

I took imitative and flew towards the door and landed on top of a couch so that I would face the door. After two minutes, Marco walked towards the door in wolf morph. His mouth was opened as he softly snarled.

Security, what is standing outside my door? I asked the security system. Something I should’ve done when I first heard the knocking.

Marco looked at me and shook his wolf head.

I waited impatiently for the security system to confirm that whatever was outside the door wasn’t harmful. While the curtains were up, the security system had blackened all the windows so whatever was outside couldn’t see inside. I had decided before I had gotten with Marco, or had even decided I wanted to see people again, that I wanted the blackening effect to go both ways. I didn’t care who was outside because I didn’t want to see them anyways. Well…at the time I bought the cabin.

It’s a human female. Unarmed. Late teens. DNA appears to be forged. It finally replied.

Marco and I looked at each other. We both wanted to open the door and not let the security system deal with her. Not smart, but a human wouldn’t be enough to kill both of us. I was wondering if I should morph to my actual human self or if Marco should demorph. He made the decision for me and quickly demorphed. Well…as quickly as he could. Once he finished, I readied myself to attack if need be. If she really was an unarmed human, then a hawk should distract her enough for Marco to fight as a human or as one of his many morphs.

Marco then opened the door and he stood still. He didn’t move an inch. He slowly moved so I could see what was making him freeze up. Once I could see her I froze up.

I had never expected to see her again and my brain was on overdrive to figure out how it could be that I wasn’t dreaming now.

The person outside my door was, from what I had seen with two human eyes, supposed to be dead.

Hi. I said, since I couldn’t form any other words at the moment.

“Hi.” Rachel replied.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment