Saturday, June 7, 2014

Left Behind: This Time With More Nic Cage

Back in the day I was a Catholic. During that time I read all of the Left Behind series. In school I watched the first of the original Left Behind movies. Yes, I went to a Catholic school. I considered the books okay and the movie horrible. So when I found out about a remake with Nic Cage I was...in shock to say the least.

First things first: I don't feel this needed to be remade. It's not a series that makes you go, "I really think there needs to be a movie adaptation of this or my life isn't complete!"

It's not the fact that it's about The Rapture, a Christian belief, that makes me think a movie like this doesn't need to be remade. That premise still sounds interesting to me even if I don't believe it will actually occur. And if they go to adapt the whole series? The last book is boring since that's when Jesus arrives and you know how it will turn out. Knowing the outcome of a book/movie always makes me not like it (or, at least, like it less).

However, Nic Cage being in it makes me feel like I have to see it. I know he will give a very entertaining performance and that, to me, will be the only reason to see the film. I saw he was in it and then realized I will have to see this movie at some point.

Now I don't know if I'll want to see it in theaters as it seems better, and cheaper, to enjoy it in the comfort of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment