Monday, June 30, 2014

Sayings Sundays (June 29, 2014)

How To Train Your Dragon 2 was an awesome film. It greatly expanded the mythology from the first movie and gave us a more epic story. There were even moments where I, person who does not cry during movies, started to tear up. If I was watching the movie alone I might've screamed and yelled in pain during a certain part.

For this week I decided on this quote from the movie since the mother does play a large role in the movie. Besides other things, it is through her that Hiccup learns more about dragons than he did in the first movie.


The lyrics of the song "All Fall Down" by OneRepublic gave me a little headache trying to figure out who they should be about. I also had to decide knowing I am crap at graphics so I couldn't have the whole group of Animorphs.

So I chose Jake and these specific lyrics for him.

"Love till you hate" refers to his failed relationship with Cassie. It shows that he changed too much during the war even though he did, and still does, love Cassie.

"Strong till you break" refers to him feeling too burdened by the war. Near the end he even stopped being the leader for a short time.

"Know that we all fall down" refers to the fact that Jake knows he isn't the only one with crushing weaknesses.

I hope the graphic appears scary and/or disturbing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment