Thursday, June 19, 2014

Approve Comments Option on YouTube

My whole blogging adventure really started on YouTube. Anyways, over the years I've gotten comments on the site and I've learned to not pay them any mind. I don't care that an anonymous person over the internet tells me to kill myself because that person isn't important. However, just because I don't mind it doesn't mean I want those kinds of comments in my comment section of my videos.

So I am really happy about the ability for me to monitor comments before they're publicly posted.

So what kind of comments will I let through? Will I only let comments through that agree/praise me?
1.) Constructive Criticism
If you think something I did/said in the video is wrong you can tell me. I know I'm not perfect and that I make mistakes. I am also aware that everyone has their own opinions. So when someone points out mistakes I'll approve their comments as long as they're worded nicely. I've let some comments go by in the past and when I replied I was harassed. So I've learned to shoot first and ask questions later.
2.) You're Nice
If you're being friendly, have no fear that I won't approve your comment. This weeding out of trolls is so that there's a friendly comment section to go through. I far from mind the 'good jobs' and 'you put what I was thinking into words' as those are always pleasant to wake up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment