Thursday, June 5, 2014

How I Write My Animorphs Re-Read

I know a lot of you might be wondering why it is taking so long for me to get new parts of my Animorphs Re-Read out. Is it because it's a long and intricate series with each book being a big quest to undertake? Do I just not give a shit about the series?

No to both. The reason it is taking so long to get out is how I am doing it. I will explain now so in the future I can send people to this post in case they're wondering.

Now how I do the Re-Read has changed a few times since I've started. But now it seems that I've gotten to a point where I found out how I want to do it until the end. This may change in the future, but I doubt it. However, if it does change then I will update this post with the relevant information.
I usually cover four chapters for each part of my Re-Read. Sometimes one more if a chapter is extremely short (extremely short being one or two pages). I read a chapter and write down my commentary as I go. I also make a list of quotes from the chapters that can be found HERE. When I finish reading a chapter I choose one quote to put at the top of the summary of that chapter.

This will take four days if everything works out. However, sometimes life pokes its head up and I miss a day. Also, each day after I finish a chapter I take a day off. Now I am using the days off to write random blog posts that will help me cover things more in depth that my reviews don't. Like this post for example.
And when I finish writing about the four chapters I then spend a day making graphics for them. This is a little hard for a series like Animorphs because there's not a lot of official art I can use for it. After I make the four graphics I take another day off.
The next time I work on the Re-Read I edit the part. This includes putting the book cover on top, Amazon ad at the bottom, correcting grammar mistakes, and adding pictures and gifs to the post.

After this I take a day off to do a small post about any news about Subeta that is happening that day. The next day I then spend one to two days working on the latest Shipping Confessions and then the process repeats itself.

So there's the reason why this Re-Read isn't getting done quickly. If I was reading this series for fun I'd probably be done within a month or two. So, don't worry, I will finish this Re-Read or die trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment