Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hannibal "Kaiseki" Review

I have been waiting for this day for the longest time. I have been waiting for this day since Hannibal's fate was unclear. In other words: Hannibal Season 2 wasn't always set in stone!

I am so glad that Hannibal got its second season and I was getting hyped up for a year and the last thirty minutes before the episode aired were some of the most painful in my life. I was just wondering what was going to happen.

So if you haven't seen the premiere or any of the previous episodes?

What are you waiting for?! Do so now before continuing!

The opening of the premiere seemed to show that they'll catch Hannibal at the end of this season. So the beginning of the episode was a spoiler. I was sort of hoping that it'd be a dream of Hannibal's showing that he's afraid of being caught deep down inside.

If Hannibal does fear being captured, it wasn't shown in this episode.

I am a Hannigram (Hannibal Lecter/Will Graham) shipper and so the constant mentions of them not being able to stop thinking of each other made me very happy. Though it's more romantic on Hannibal's side as he still wants Will as his 'friend' while Will is blaming Hannibal for being imprisoned.

Besides the cute Hannigram moments: guess what we got with this episode?

We got the answer to how Abigail's ear got into Will's throat! Hannibal put it there and then Will threw it back up. I was the most excited during that scene and spent a good majority of the commercial break talking about it.

Hannibal's own psychiatrist warns him that his new hobby of toying with the FBI won't end well. But he seemed to like imagining things how Will Graham would see them. He does have an obsession with the man and that isn't just the shipper side of me.

Hannibal doesn't make friends easily and Will is one of the ones he wants.

Alana Bloom and Jack Crawford are going against each other legally. Though I loathe Jack at the moment, I like how he is able to say that he fucked up and is willing to take the consequences. It's great that someone is strong enough to do that.

Oh! And we got more Winston! Winston really misses Will and keeps running back to his house. I'll be so happy when/if they reunite!

Are there any cannibal jokes Hannibal makes that no one appreciates? Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment