Monday, March 10, 2014

Almost Human (Season 1)



Show: Almost Human

Season: 1

Episodes: 13

Created By: J.H.Wyman

Released: 2013-2014

Rating: 5/5

Basic Plot: In a not-so-distant future, human cops and androids partner up to protect and serve.
-----------------------------------------------------

The Draw of Karl Urban
I was interested in this show for a number of reasons. One of those reasons being Karl Urban. I first learned of the actor in the movie DOOM (horrible adaptation, but fun movie) and found myself running into him in different movies. So when I saw he was starring in this show I knew I had to watch it. And, if you're wondering, Urban does a fantastic job as John Kennex.

The Futuristic World of Almost Human
This is a sci-fi show so it having a good world to get lost in is a must. Throughout the series we get things expanded on like The Wall, genetically modified people, and robots. We get how each is viewed and their relations to the world. Don't worry about the visuals as they are very well done. So not only do we get a neat world to live in, it looks good too!

Kennex and Dorian
One of the things that is driving this show towards success is the relationship between Dorian and Kennex. Throughout this Season Kennex has changed his viewpoints concerning Dorian and Dorian has continued to support Kennex. Both are able to joke around with each other (Dorian making Kennex a dating profile at one point) and they are equals. I can't wait until Season 2 (if that does happen) where we might get more of an insight into Dorian's past.

Final Thoughts
Almost Human is an above average show on tv. That may be me being biased since J.H. Wyman is heading this project. Wyman was a huge part behind the final season of Fringe and he shines in this show like he did in that one. I am not a big buddy cop person but that part is one of the driving points of the show. Episodes are aired out of order and I've heard it said that if you watch them in the intended order the show makes more sense (I haven't watched them in the intended order but I haven't had a problem with the show myself). So here's hoping there's a second season so we can see what hijinks Kennex and Dorian will find themselves in!

No comments:

Post a Comment