Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Holding it Together)

We meet again. This time after continuing to get out of the crumbling ship. It wasn't as hard as the last part, at least there was no big jumping parts like last time. I'm not very good at balancing myself, or Starkiller, so that made the jumping sections from last time extremely difficult for me.

So let's get started!
Again there is not much in the way of plot in this section. There are some actual character interactions between Starkiller and Kota at one point. But the majority of the level is the lovely business of kicking ass and taking names.

There are the usual enemies. At one point Terror Troopers come out of nowhere. It, sadly, took me a minute or two to realize that's what was going on. But when I did, I dealt with them rather swiftly. I really like the Terror Troopers and would love for a whole level to be made up of nothing but that enemey.

During the Terror Trooper part, if you go back the way you came, expect a wise quip from PROXY.
There is a section where you have to stop some droids from overheating the ship. My way to win was to use Force Pull to get the shields away from the droids and then run around until my Force Energy Bar was full and then to attack using Force Push and Force Lighting until I could use Force Rage. I tried to line them all up and take them down with Force Rage at once but I wasn't able to pull that off.

Near the end of this part you run into Kota and the two of you fight off wave after wave of enemies. It's nice seeing Kota provide some use besides the constant nagging. I used Force Rage a few times but I really should learn to aim that power better. I would spend time filling up the bar for Force Rage and then I'd use it on one enemy.

It's a total waste if you are fighting a bunch of enemies and only use Force Rage on one. It looks cool, but it's far from a good move.
You and Kota then go to the bridge. It's there that it's decided that to take down the Planetary shield by using The Salvation to disable them. Kota first orders his men to abandon the ship and then leaves the ship via the Rogue Shadow.

Starkiller then enacts that plan. What follows is a series of quick time events. My mistake was just making the motions with my wrists and not using my arm to make big gestures. So it took two to three times to get it right. If you're not a dumbass like me, it'll take you one time.

The next part will begin with Starkiller having arrived on Kamino.
-------------------------------------
All of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

No comments:

Post a Comment