Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Shipping Confessions: Obi-Wan Kenobi/Bant Eerin (Jedi Apprentice)




I admit this ship is hard for me to talk about because it's been forever since I've read a Jedi Apprentice book. I can only remember my love of this ship and nothing much besides that.

For those wondering: The Star Wars book series called Jedi Apprentice followed the early adventures of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. It showed how the duo met up and there were some heart breaking moments. It wasn't as damaging to me as Animorphs, but it still had bad things happening to good people.

This is the ship I have been shipping before I knew what shipping was and I thought this pair was canon but it wasn't. I was left dazed and confused.

The ship is Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bant Eerin.
Obi-Wan Kenobi in this series isn't the wise mentor we know from the original trilogy nor would he be able to handle the apprenticeship of Anakin Skywalker. He was a brash young fool that had everything to prove.

He wanted to be Qui-Gon Jinn's apprentice but the Jedi Master didn't want to take on another apprentice due to his experience with Xanatos.

During one point he leaves the Jedi Order only to come back later.

Bant Eerin is a fellow Jedi Apprentice who is first the apprentice of Tahl and then Kit Fisto. She is a kind person and I really don't remember too much about her.

As I said, haven't read the books in ages.
The thing with this ship is that both Obi-Wan and Bant work well together. It is Bant who never questions Obi-Wan being a Jedi, even after all the doubt that ensues after Obi-Wan leaves the Jedi Order. It is Bant who is slightly scared of Qui-Gon after Obi-Wan leaves the order.

I just adored seeing the pair help each other out in numerous instances.

I cannot believe the pairing wasn't canon and so it's the pairing I'll call my first non-canon ship.
What will I talk about in the next Shipping Confessions? I will look at a more recent ship. It is between two smartasses and is from the show Almost Human. A robot and human have never seemed more perfect for each other.
Jameron shippers, your ship is still one of the most unique that has been shown on tv. Just calm down.
-------------------------------------------
Shipping Confessions Table of Contents

2 comments:

  1. This is 5 years old I know, but I just had a comconversat about her today and honestly I shipped them so hard too. To the point where I dressed as her for Halloween (as my interpretation of her before learning what her species looked like) glad to know I'm not alone in this ship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're not alone!

      So glad someone else shared my opinion =D

      Delete