Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Into the Fray)

I couldn't continue this game for awhile. My Dad is now retired so it's harder to use the tv for my own uses. Then I went to revrezner's house and I couldn't play the game there. So today was my first time in awhile that I could continue my adventure as Starkiller.

So let's get started!
This time around it's fighting with really no plot to speak off. But all the battling and kicking ass is worth the sacrifice.

You know those little bug-like droids that we've seen throughout the game? I don't have to be reminded very much of them as those little nuisances are very close to my mind. I thought they would just continue to be those things that posed no real challenge and were created merely to annoy you.

However, there was a nice little challenge with them. They are draining energy from the ship so you have to use Force Rage to kill all four of them at once. Other bug-like droids attack you but, as I said before, they are really only nuisances so there's no need of concern.

The only reason this took me longer than it should have is because I didn't know I didn't have to click all four of them individually in one move. And, no, you can't do that with these ones.

I also encountered a little glitch when I was trying to jump somewhere and then got stuck in a room. I couldn't leave this room in any manner. I tried running into walls, using Force Lightning, and using Force Push. The only way I could get out of this room was by restarting the game. Luckily enough this game actually saves correctly.
You run into some more Terror Troopers that are sometimes paired with regular Storm Troopers. If you just fight using lightsabers then your Force Sight will last longer. They were very fun enemies to fight.

The only really annoying parts were the jumping sections.

I am NOT counting the jumping section where you have to move boxes via Force Grip. This one took a little effort but not as much as the sections I am referring to.

The sections I am referring to have you having to time things exactly. The ship is falling apart so you have to run and jump across two sections of walkways that drop away.

A thing to remember with those parts is to keep calm and focus on making sure you stay on the walkways. Of course you still have to move fast but don't worry if you are too slow the first few times. You have to know how to do what you need to before you can do the actions.

I spent a little bit just falling and not completing the jumping sections. If I had been recording it as a Let's Play I could have a five minute blooper reel with all my mistakes.
Since my Dad came home during those sections I wasn't able to cuss as much as I wanted to.

While the jumping sections really annoyed me they looked wonderful. I love fire so even when I fell to a fiery death a part of me enjoyed it. What I never enjoyed was Rahm Kota's constant reminder to hurry up.

Hey, old fart, how about you come down here and help then?

A cool fire room happened and you had to fight without getting burned. Very nice indeed. I got to kick ass and avoid fire. Totally awesome.

There are some sections where you have to run through, not get killed by lasers or fire, and fight off enemies at the same time. Those sections are quick and relatively easy.

So what about the plot?

Go through a ship and try not to do die. That's really all there is as no character is given much depth here. I don't remember even Juno being commented on.
----------------------------------------
All of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

No comments:

Post a Comment