Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pretty Little Liars (Season 4)


Show: Pretty Little Liars

Season: 4

Episodes: 24

Executive Producer: I. Marlene King

Released: 2013-2014

Rating: 3.5/5

Basic Plot: Four friends band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, while unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Plots
This show doesn't go dark like some shows I watch (looking at you, Hannibal) and so saying part of Pretty Little Liars is dark isn't usually saying much. But this season we got a look at Spencer's drug addiction. They did that very well and I was so hoping that Spencer would turn out to have been a murderer. Though I was disappointed by where that plot line went, but I had already guessed the show wouldn't go down that road as it's currently airing on abcFamily, I was delighted by where the Alison plot line ended up by the finale.

Ezra Fitz
I am one of those people that wanted Ezra to be A. As an English Major, it'd delight me to no end to see an English Teacher be a bad person. While you may think us English Majors just quietly read and write, we can be deadly! Anyways...a mystery of this season is if Ezra is A or not. How that mystery is resolved really hits Aria in the guts because she trusted and loved the man. It was really great for Aria to not immediately go back to him and say everything was fine.

Film Noir
There was an episode that was a film noir styled one. The reason in story to do this was that Spencer was hallucinating from taking drugs. The episode was beyond wonderful and the girls all looked great in their outfits. The episode is called "Shadow Play". Even if you're not a fan of the show, that episode is good for the style alone.

Final Thoughts
This season did go darker than previous ones, especially the Season Finale. Caleb ended up leaving the show and went to star on the spin-off show Ravenswood. No, I haven't seen an episode of that show but might in the future. Especially if any of my readers wants to know my opinions on it. There are so many questions at the end of this season that I can't wait until Season 5 starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment