Sunday, July 30, 2017

Crossing the Divide 67

I signaled to five of my men to break down the doors. My men protected me from the chaos surrounding us so I didn't flinch at the bullets or tense up at the sounds. Sounds from the abominations, men, and vehicles. Through it all I remained calm and serene. Nothing could break me.

I walked through the doors and let my men fire at those who attacked. My main concern was the computer terminal in the center of the room. Blocking out every other distraction, I focused purely on breaking into it. I needed to make sure that there was information I needed inside before trying to go further. I wouldn't risk my men's lives for nothing. If there was nothing here we would merely blow this place up.

"Can we just blow it?" A Mormonts asked.

"Only speak in the Common Tongue while on a mission." I said in the Common Tongue. "There seems to be valuable data here."

"We'll meet you on the roof?"

I nodded and then we were off. My men went off in different directions either to kill or gather intel. Sometimes both. The group that went with me were the toughest. Unfortunately I hadn't been able to get any Rasiki for this part of the mission as that elite group was dealing with the abominations. We walked through a hallway that was quiet and heard sounds of battle in the distance. I dragged Jorah along the ground as I steadied myself. My men held their guns up as they prepared for any sign of trouble. My ears listened for any sound of lasers.

"We got lucky." A Mormonts said and I shook my head.

"The gods don't give us mortals luck." I told her. "Keep yourselves calm but don't forget how much danger we're in."

-This is a Mature Story
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment