Sunday, November 20, 2016

Crossing the Divide 16

"The Queen is going to feed you." Lei said as she started cleaning my wounds.

"Because she wants me to have just enough fight in me to make the rape interesting for her men." I said, taking a bite out of the bread.

The woman didn't reply and I didn't question how she got her information. If she hadn't told me before I wasn't going to expect an answer. Maybe she had overheard something or maybe she had been sent by Jaime. Of course he wouldn't have alerted me if that was a case. He might still serve his sister, but he wouldn't let certain people die.

"But you'll be able to fight them off." Lei said hopefully. "You've dealt with dragons. People...they must be easier."

"Each opponent always presents a new set of obstacles." I replied with a small smile, her confidence amusing me. "Just because I can tackle dragons doesn't mean I can do the same here. What is being done to me will affect how well I can fight. I might be able to defend myself one or two times but eventually I will be violated. Eventually one of the men will succeed."

There was a few more minutes of silence as she continued to help me. Her touch was gentle and sure as she healed me as much as she could. It wasn't the touch of a warrior but of a more gentler type. I had no thought but to continue to fight but I knew any world needed different kinds of people. There needed to be healers as well as fighters. The healers could heal the fighters and be more useful in times of peace. There also needed to be people obsessed with figuring out the world so knowledge could spread. My fate would never bring me to the life of Father, but I wouldn't think less of those who chose a path different than my own. Right now I needed Lei, even if she would betray me later.

"I am a survivor," I told her. "Even if my spirit and body are crushed, I will continue on. I will fight through my pain and endure as I always have."

"I just...I don't think anyone could." Lei replied sadly. "I know you can't see yourself but...you look like you're a few seconds away from death. I don't see you surviving this."

"Then why help someone doomed to die?"

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jaime Lannister Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment