Saturday, November 5, 2016

Crossing the Divide 10

"What is this King Tommen like?" I asked and wondered if I could speak reason to him.

I did not expect him to easily let me go, not with his position and not with the benefits of keeping me imprisoned. I was the dragon trainer of Daenerys Targaryen and the wife of one of her most trusted advisors, not that Jaime knew that. Not yet and hopefully not until it was too late. The reason Jorah had left Westeros was because he had dishonored his House and had been fleeing execution. People wouldn't think highly of him. While they may think my queen trusted him, they probably wouldn't think he was her right hand.

"That little c***?" Bronn said with a laugh. "I don't think you can make a deal with him."

"Why?" I asked, hiding my nervousness.

"There's not much of him to bargain with. He's not really a king, more of a puppet. I'm out here with Jaime fu****g Lannister because Tommen Baratheon wanted him sent away. Right now he's the pawn of Faith of the Seven, right in the pocket of the High Sparrow."

"So I would have to convince the High Sparrow to let me go."

I had heard of the Faith of the Seven and didn't like what I had found out. They were a group of religious fanatics that imposed their will on others instead of allowing free will to reign. Throughout both Westeros and Essos I had learned about fanatics and that they were all the same in the end. They believed in something so fully and would discard any evidence to the contrary. They would scream and yell but in the end it was all done out of fear. It was through the group that they were able to hold themselves up. It didn't mean one was weak if one became a fanatic, but that they needed something to believe in. Tommen was young and susceptible to influences adults wouldn't be, but whether or not he was a fool wouldn't change my situation. He could change in a few years and by that time Daenerys would be seated on the Iron Throne.

"Which isn't something I could do." I said after a moment's pause. "Not to some fanatic."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Jaime Lannister Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment