Saturday, November 19, 2016

Crossing the Divide 15

"You did the best you could." K-Mart told me as she looked out a window. "Alice just isn't ready to listen to reason yet."

"And what if she never does?" I asked her, aware of the others' eyes on me. "We might end this war with her dead. I'll have killed someone whose only wrong was being f****d over."

"Permission to speak freely, Isaacs." One of the men asked.

I had to hide a soft smile as this is why I didn't mind K-Mart speaking so frankly in front of me. Besides needing to be reassured, I wanted my fellow Mormonts to realize that Alice wasn't evil. That no matter the atrocities we committed against each other, I was willing to make peace with her. Umbrella and the zombies were enemies, not Alice. I wanted those under my command to be aware of that and not to demonize her for her actions.

"Permission granted." I replied with a slight nod of my head.

"You can't reason with some people." He said. "She has made her intentions against us very clear and so she is the enemy. You shouldn't debate whether or not she deserves it: it's you or her. And, frankly, I would rather you survive than the one trying to kill us."

"If only things were so clear. Just because you have to kill someone doesn't mean you should be happy or indifferent about it. You should realize the implications of your actions or you might just turn out like Wesker and his ilk."

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's an Alice Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment