Thursday, November 10, 2016

Crossing the Divide 11

"I've told you, figuring out exactly what happened to those men is grunt work. It's just clearing up a few things and changing how to work with the material."

"I nearly died in there. I could've easily gotten away but I saved those people. I need to understand what happened."

I put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed, waiting until he calmed down. My husband was not a fighter and didn't fully understand the fear that must still be pumping through his veins. A fear he would have to continue to endure until everything was put right again. And then...then I would leave him alone with only our child to keep him company. Or maybe children.

"Once everything is done, you can go over the findings." I told him.

"How do you do it?" He asked. "The fear is...how can you even think of others when you're put into positions like that?"

"I grew up having to accept that death could happen at any moment. That any peaceful moment could turn into a bloodbath. For me it's a part of the way life has always been, what it seems like it will always be."

"But I'm not like you. Not like any of the rest of the Mormonts."

I took one of his hands and placed it on my belly. It was far too early for even a hint of the bump that would form, but my husband took my meaning. I couldn't tell him that it would be easy or that one day he would walk into danger without a second thought. I couldn't tell him that one day he would become the most noble of men and would risk his life for the noblest of causes. All I could tell him was that there were some things worth fighting for and that he had two of his own: me and the child.

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Doctor Isaacs Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment