Thursday, November 17, 2016

Crossing the Divide 14

"This is where I stood as my enemies fell." Cersei said before I could reply. "The High Sparrow thought he could control me like he could control my son. It wouldn't surprise me if in his arrogance he stopped everyone from escaping. I should probably go to the Sept and thank him for that. He thought I would bow to him like a filthy commoner, he never imagined that I could beat him. Besides him I killed House Tyrell in one fell swoop. All my enemies thinking they could defeat me and yet here I am as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms."

"Yes, it's very lucky that your children died so you could sit on the throne." I said stoically, making my voice as steady as it could be right now. "Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen. I thought you brought me here so I could think on how you killed your last child. You were here gloating and abandoned Tommen at his time of need. How did it feel seeing his corpse? Did it make your victory all the more sweeter?"

Her response was how I imagined it. Her lips curled and she seemed about to lose control. For a moment I thought she would put her queenly duties behind her and lash out like the monster she was. But then she grew calmer and went to pick up her glass of wine. Slowly she picked it up and started to drink. I thought she did so to calm herself. My words had hurt her and I wondered what emotions were bubbling behind those eyes. Was it anger that I was stronger than she had imagined? Was it sadness of losing her child?

-This is a Mature Story (if in content if not plot)
-It's a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil Fic
-It's a Cersei Lannister Fic

You can read it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment