Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sushi, Sake, and Tanuki: Enslaved 5

A deep seething hate continued coming into my blood. It started to make me burn from the inside out and I looked at the two humans. Tamui who owned me and Sajoki who owned my heart. I hated Sajoki. I hated the human woman with a hate that I didn't think was possible.


Suddenly a fear came to me that Tamui would take revenge upon me for sleeping with his woman. Maybe if I waited the fear would be revealed to be unfounded. But what I felt for those two made me react in a way I hadn't before. Nor did I think I would ever react so before I felt this way.


As Tamui waited for my answer, I turned both of my arms into blades. They were bone but were nonetheless very deadly. Tamui didn't even have a blink of an eye to wait before my right arm connected with his neck. The cut started with a small stream of blood going outwards until his head came off and the stream became heavier and went downwards. I felt my bonds from him being broken and I realized that I was finally free.


Sajoki let go of him and then she turned to look me in the eyes. In her eyes I thought I read a hint of sorrow for what she had done. Of course the truth of the matter was that she was only frightened of death. And, with me being free, I was free to kill her.


My left arm connected with the bosom that once brought me joy and the heart that I thought was mine. I kept my arm in her and she collapsed. After what seemed like millennia, the life in her eyes left and the only sound from her was the blood leaving her body.


I looked at her dead eyes and the impact of what I did finally caught up to me. Removing my arm from her, and changing my arms back into human arms and hands, I finally realized my love was dead. The anger was draining from me and I felt fear. What if someone discovered that I had murdered Sajoki?


I ran outside of the tent and shifted into a crow and took off. I circled around the camp for awhile and saw people going toward the tent that Sajoki and Tamui had died in. I flew away from the camp and traveled for hours trying to get away from the image of Sajoki's dead body and the memory of the extreme anger I had felt.


I couldn't take it any longer and landed on the shore of a lake. I then shifted into a human and looked at myself in the lake's water. My reflection showed a broken heart and eyes that were finally opened. I also saw Sajoki in only her skin next to me. I quickly turned and realized that I had only imagined her. She would never be next to me again. I forgave her for everything and asked for her to be brought back to life. After I did that tears flowed down my face. It became so great that I fell into the lake and my tears and the water became one.

No comments:

Post a Comment