Friday, April 1, 2011

The A-Team (2010)

I have never watched the original The A-Team. However, this was one wild and fun ride to sit through.


Title: The A-Team

Director: Joe Carnahan

Starring: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, and Sharlto Copley

Rated: PG-13

Released: 2010

Rating: 4/5

Basic Plot: The A-Team has been imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit and must prove their innocence.

Comedic Nature
This movie, to me, is a great blend of comedy and action. There are explosions and deaths, no worries there. But there is a light feel to most of the movie. Things happen that, in a more serious film, wouldn't happen. A shinning example of this is the A-Team flying a tank and landing it safely (well, sort of). That was a wow moment for me and did get a chuckle out of me.

Fear of Flying
I have a big fear of flying. I don't like heights or stairs, for that matter. It is with that mindset that I can understand BA. At least in that regard. In one part of the movie he is knocked out (with drugs) and another where he is fooled into flying (though not in a plane). While the fear is real, I could laugh at those scenes. Whether it was because I held the same fears or it was funny, I don't know.

BA's Spiritual Problems
This subplot annoyed me. It was stupid and I didn't like it. This movies comes and tells me that this badass of a character suddenly converts to a form of pacifism just because he was in jail for six months. No, I'm sorry, I don't buy that. It didn't rear its ugly head up too often and was finally resolved in the end (with him going back to his old ways).

Murdock is a Joy
Maybe it is my love for the WTF, but I love Murdock in this movie. He is basically a crazed doctor who is sometimes praised for his cooking. He is also a pilot. Murdock does show his strength at the end by being shot at in the head (though he is protected from the bullets). I would say that Murdock is my favorite character in the movie.

Final Thoughts
I would say that if you like comedy and action that you will enjoy this movie. The movie is full of interesting subplots that are mostly resolved and made me wish for more at the end of it. Liam Neeson is, of course, awesome as Hannibal. There are throwbacks to the original A-Team. Oh, and the 3D movie part is pure win.

No comments:

Post a Comment