Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Green: Captured 1

I started realizing I was breathing heavy and looked at Thomas' dead body. I had killed him and was glad that he wouldn't attack me ever again. Then something hit me all of a sudden and made me realize what an idiot I had been. I hadn't just stopped Thomas: I had stopped him from doing anything else. Maybe if I had just knocked him out he would have gotten better.


Fear overtook me once again and my feet made me stand up. After that they decided to make me run. It was like I was in a drunken stupor. A police siren was picked up by my very attentive ears and I ran in the opposite direction on the road.


The sound of the police siren kept on getting closer and closer to me no matter how fast I ran. The man in the shed must've called the police to inform them of a murder. The murder that I had done.


The car finally got close enough and I still attempted to outrun it. I heard people open the door and I ran under the pressure of exhaustion. I ran for a few seconds before one of the police officers tackled me. I fought with the officer but he easily handcuffed and put me in the backseat of the police car.


After they put me inside the car, they went back to where I had come from. A few minutes later and they were back. The man went in the driver's seat and the woman went in the passenger seat.


They must've not feared me that much to send in only two officers. But that would also mean that it would be likely that I would have escaped when they came.


"Officers," I said. "Thomas Savan was attacking me. I was only defending myself."


"By bashing his brains out?" The female officer asked. "You could have just knocked him out."


"But he would have kept attacking me."


"It still wasn't your decision to make to take his life."


"I'll do better next time." I pleaded to her. When I saw her bow her head I thought I was making some head way with her. "I won't kill next time."


"Sorry, we can't take the chance." The male police officer said.


The ride to the Nuscon Police Station was long to me. I was fearing what they would do to me. The scientists would sometimes talk about the Death Sentence and the best ways to kill a man quickly. They would probably kill me since there was an eyewitness account of me killing Thomas.


I sighed and watched the town of Nuscon, Arizona go by outside the car. There were happy people going by. I had learned that the state I was in was Arizona but was still unaware what state the laboratory was in.


The female police officer walked beside me while the male police officer walked behind me. As I walked inside the station I realized that my final resting place might be Death Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment