Friday, April 29, 2011

S&N: The Change 2

I looked at Samara and grinned wildly at her and then focused on the outpost. There was one main building in the forest and vehicles parked around it. M-2s were walking around. These M-2s looked like humans but skin and bones were replaced with metal. I thought they looked a little like Terminators but somehow they were even more unsettling.


"Damn they look creepy." I told Samara.


"Yes, Machines without even human skin covering." She replied. "But the M-3s are supposed to change that."


"I thought that the M-3s were just rumors."


"Let's hope so." Samara said and raised her gun. I raised mine and nodded at her.


We ran as a team and soon drew attention of the M-2s. I got to fire the first shot in this 'battle' and shouted in glee as I took aim at another M-2. After what seemed like hours, Samara and I were no closer to winning than we had been in the beginning.


Of course, winning wasn't the whole point of this. If it had been, there would probably be a few teams put together or at least more than two people. The point of this mission was to cause chaos in The Net. It didn't make this mission any easier, though. I dodged a bullet as it grazed my hair and then returned fire.


I saw that Samara was running into some trouble of her own and so I tried to help as best I could. This became harder after a few seconds and I was forced to focus on fighting the M-2s on my own again.


"First one back to the car gets to be on top!" I yelled and made sure that Samara was by me. But she wasn't. "Samara! Samara! Shit."


I started firing wildly to give me time to find her. An M-2 swung its arm at me and I dodged its swing. A few seconds later a human shot at me. I shot at the man's kneecap and he went down. I didn't like to kill if I didn't have to. I wasn't a Machine.


Running around the 'battlefield' I ran by an SUV and it exploded because it had been shot at, possibly by an M-2. I was sent flying through the air as sound and metal followed me. I yelled out as I landed and a piece of metal stabbed me through the heart.


The pain didn't start out great and I hardly felt any pain. What I did feel was blood pouring out of me. The sounds of fighting didn't seem that important to me because I was somewhere else. I was somewhere that defied pain and fear.


I smiled at the sounds and could faintly tell that Samara was still fighting. "Samara!" I yelled out and waved. Whether she saw me or not wasn't something I was thinking about at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment