Friday, April 1, 2011

The Green: First Attack 3

"Watch out!" Thomas yelled as I nearly went face first into a cactus. I stopped just in time and shook my head. It wouldn't have been the first time that I had run into a cactus today.


"Thanks." I said and looked around for any other objects. Thomas had decided that today would be a great day for me to explore. Unfortunately, he had decided to take me out where there was no one else. So if we got in trouble, no one could help us. But, then again, I should've expected something like that from Thomas.


Looking up I saw that the sun would set in a few hours. I shook my head, Thomas and I had been out in this unknown area nearly all day. Luckily, though, we had brought supplies. Unfortunately, they would run out soon.


"We should start heading home soon." Thomas said. "It'll probably take us around an hour or so to get back to our car."


"Are you ever going to tell me why we are out here?" I asked.
"Does everything need a reason?" Thomas replied and I sighed. Maybe I should have some beer so that Thomas would seem sane to me.


After a little bit, Thomas looked down at a small plant. I could see what type it was: algae. Looking at it I tried to think of why it was out here and what exactly it was.


"Do you know what this is?" Thomas asked.


"No." I replied.


"This will be fun." He said and scraped a little of it off the rock it had been on. He looked at it for a moment and then ate it. "No harm done."


"For now." I replied and thought about taking him to the ER if something should happen. It was remarkably stupid for him to put an unknown substance in his mouth. But I knew that even if I had known what he was going to do I couldn't have stopped him.


"Come on," He said. "Let's go back to the car and go home."


I followed behind Thomas so that if anything should happen I could react quickly. For the first ten minutes nothing happened and then Thomas' walk got slower and his breathing got heavy.


"Are you okay?" I asked him.


"Probably just a passing phase. Besides, we need to get to the car." He said and we continued on.

No comments:

Post a Comment