Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Wishing Shrub Fiasco

More Info HERE
When Peka-Boo first started I was excited for the Wishing Shrub. It seemed like a nice and kind idea. I decided to try and at least make my wishes reasonable as I knew other Subeta users would be the ones to grant them. In other words: I knew that it wasn't going to be an automated system that randomly decided to grant or not grant your wish.

True my first item wished might've been 3mil but that's nothing compared to what other people have been wishing for for the most part.

It's past the time of thinking that some users don't realize that actual people are granting wishes and so you can see the vast greed of people. A lot of people seem to think they deserve unbuyables or items costing past 40mil sP.

Why do they think this?

It could possibly be that they think they deserve extremely expensive items because they're special or some bullshit.

To try and combat people being greedy bastards and making it nearly impossible for others to grant wishes: the staff has made an achievement for getting five of your wishes granted as well as being able to revoke your wish if it hasn't been granted in two hours.

Of course the people that are most likely to revoke their wishes after two hours are probably also the same ones that aren't likely to make unreasonable requests.

I have gotten what I really wanted from the shrub (a 250 Credit Gift Card to advertise something on my blog, I'll be putting the billboard out after Peka-Boo) and will ask for cheap wishes to help the other wish granters out. I am also going to be looking for some of the cheaper wishes to grant.

I want to help people out, but I also don't want to go broke in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment