Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) Trailer Review



The day has come that I was dreading: actual proof that this movie is going to come into existence by way of a trailer. Now I have nothing against fanfiction or erotica (I write both myself), but the fact is that Fifty Shades of Grey is poorly written fanfiction and yet is getting so much attention.

I checked it out since I wanted to see how really sex heavy it would be and was disappointed on that front. It was just...too plain in that department for all the outrage it was getting. Seriously, I can write more intense sex scenes without even trying.

And the fact is that every bit of tension is quickly resolved so you're never wondering what will happen. You're never worried because all problems are quickly resolved.

I've read the first two books of the trilogy and will, one day, read the third and final part of it.

Now onto the trailer itself...

And the trailer starts off with announcing it's a Global Trailer. It's telling you that you and the whole world are going to suffer.

Dakota Johnson seems a good fit for the part of Anastasia Steele, at least from what I see in the trailer, as she's supposed to be a very plain character. So plain that it's like she doesn't have a real character. Of course that's probably so the reader/viewer will have an easier time getting into her shoes.

The one good thing about Christian Grey in the trailer is the slow reveal that gives some suspense. But Jamie Dornan just...isn't sexy enough for the role. Grey is supposed to be this sex god and Dornan just doesn't do it for me.

Of course the creepy controlling/stalker part of Christian Grey is shown in the trailer. Why the hell is that supposed to be sexy?

Near the end of the trailer they go into the Red Room of Pain. The trailer ends on Anastasia having an orgasm.

I will end on a positive: loved the music for this trailer. Good job, Beyonce!

No comments:

Post a Comment